Set Up Text Giving
To enable text giving:
- Navigate to "More > Contributions > Online Giving."1
- Look for the gray bar towards the top that says text giving is not active. On the right side, click "Activate."
- Select the number you would like to use to receive text gifts and click "Confirm" to enable text giving.2
2 We'll display a list of numbers from what we assume is your own area code. You can always change the area code by clicking link in the lower left of that window to adjust your area code.
Donate By Text
To donate by text, a donor simply:
- Texts the amount they'd like to give to your text-to-give number (e.g. $50).1
- If they've donated by text before, they'll receive a text in response confirming that their gift has been received successfully and they're done.
- If it's the first time they are donating by text, they'll be given a link and asked to supply their payment method (credit card, debit card, or bank account). This payment source will then be linked with their phone number so that, in the future, all they will need to do is text in the amount and they will not need to re-enter their payment information.
Text Giving Commands
The following are a list of commands that the text giving system accepts:
|$50||Donates $50 to your church. Users can type any amount; the dollar sign is optional (e.g. $50 and 50 both work).|
|give $50||Same as above.|
|give||Your online giving number will respond asking how much you'd like to give. Telling people to text 'give' to your number can be a more succinct way to communicate text giving.|
|$50 missions||Donates $50 to the missions fund. You can customize fund keywords and what fund they point towards.|
|$50 weekly||Sets up a recurring gift of $50 each week. Frequency options are 'weekly', 'biweekly', 'monthly', and 'yearly'.|
|$50 missions weekly||Sets up a recurring gift of $50 each week to the missions fund. Frequency options are 'weekly', 'biweekly', 'monthly', and 'yearly'.|
|refund||Refunds the previously given contribution.1|
|update||Allows donor to update their payment method or recurring gift. Your text giving number will respond with a link where users can make these changes.|
|unlink||Unlinks a user's phone from the text to give system.|
|commands||Provides the user with a list of the available text commands.|
Text Giving Settings
Organizations can specify the default fund for text gifts and set up keywords for giving to specific funds. To adjust these settings:
- Navigate to "More > Contributions > Online Giving."
- Click "Settings" in the upper right on the yellow bar that contains your text-to-give number.1
- Make your changes and click "Save."