Posted April 26, 2018
We've seen reports and replicated an issue with the new DYMO software (8.7.1 listed below) and the Firefox browser on Windows. By way of a reminder, this fix and software is only applicable to Windows platforms.
For now, we'd suggest installing the fix below (see "Update 4/27") and using a browser other than Firefox.
DYMO has released a fix. We've tested it--it successfully resolves printing delays on Windows computers. The fix can be found here: http://download.dymo.com/dymo/Software/Win/DLS8Setup.8.7.1.exe
Download, disconnect your printer, and install. No uninstallation of previous versions needed.
Downloading the update seems to be very slow from Dymo. The below temporary fix will still work if you chose.
If you've previously applied the Firewall fix listed in the Original Post, please remove the Firewall rule before installing the DYMO update.
Original Post: 4/26/18
Very Slow Check in Printing on Windows Computers
DYMO, the maker of our event check in printers, has reported an industry-wide issue with their LabelWriter software, causing label printing from Windows computers to be delayed by 15+ seconds. We’ve tested this at Breeze and confirmed that each check in label/tag seems to delay printing by 15+ seconds. This affects all DYMO Printer users and is not specific to Breeze.
We've developed the following article to assist you:
- This alert affects Breeze Check in Printing on DYMO Printers connected to Windows Computers
- This alert does NOT affect Breeze Check in Printing on DYMO Printers connected to Mac Computers
- This alert does NOT affect Check in printing through an iPad and the Apple App Store “Check in Air” app (third party app)
Fixes – Temporary
We know you rely on Breeze Check in for your ministry needs. Our brilliant Breeze Advisors have created 2 solutions to help you work around the current DYMO Software problems.
Option #1: If possible, avoid using Windows computers and instead use Mac computers (temporarily). This will avoid the printing delay issue as it only affects Windows computers with DYMO Printers.
Option #2: Change your Windows Firewall settings. Making this change will require reverting the change later when DYMO releases a permanent fix.
- Open Windows Defender Firewall (Windows 10). For older versions of windows, navigate to the Firewall.
- Open "Advanced Settings."
- Navigate to "Outbound Rules"
- Add a "New Rule" for a "program"
- Select the program: DYMO.DLS.Printing.Host.exe (depending on your setup, usually located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\DYMO\DYMO Label Software\DYMO.DLS.Printing.Host.exe)
- Select "Block all Activity"
- Name the rule "DYMO Block" for future reference
Fixes – Permanent
- UPDATE: DYMO has released an update that will permanently fix this. It may be downloaded here: http://download.dymo.com/dymo/Software/Win/DLS8Setup.8.7.1.exe
If you’re more technically inclined and want the latest information, you can read through the comments on this blog post from DYMO where DYMO employees are interacting with commenters.
For additional assistance with Breeze Check in Name Tag Printing see this Help Article.