Overview: Here we will walk through the importance of associating gifts/contributions/giving in Breeze as well as the action steps to associate properly.
The year is completed and now the process of producing contributions statements has begun. Before finalizing your statements we recommend you make sure all of your online contributions are either imported or associated in Breeze.
We often see churches that have a number of unassociated gifts in their online giving page. The unassociated gifts, if not associated to a profile in Breeze, will not show up on the contributors giving statement. The donor will have received the email receipt from their initial gift, which can technically serve as their receipt for IRS purposes, but you may still get questions from contributors when they get their statement and their online contributions aren’t listed.
An important part of year-end statements is accuracy and making sure all online donations are associated is a vital step in that direction.
One way to see if you have Unassociated Gifts is right from the Online Giving section in Breeze.
- Navigate to "More > Contributions."
- Click "Online Giving" on the left
- Look in the bottom right corner of the screen for a number above "Unassociated Gifts." If the number displayed is anything over 0 you have gifts that need to be associated with a profile.
To associate the payment with the correct profile:
- Click on the number or the words “Associate Gifts”
- Type the name of the person in the box and select them from the drop-down list.
Fore more detailed instructions on associating gifts check out this article on Associating Contributions with Profiles.