The People Section of Breeze allows you to easily view everyone in your database, filter searches, export information, and so much more!
Adding a Person
- Select the "People" tab from the top left.
- Click the blue "Add Person" button on the right.
- On the left, select the fields you wish to add. 1
- Fill in the fields and click the "Add Person" button to create the profile.
Editing Profile Information
- Navigate to the person you wish to edit.
- Click the gray header over the section you wish to edit.
- Make the desired changes.
- Click the blue "Save" button on the gray header to complete your changes.
Navigating through a Profile
Each profile will contain sections on the left-hand side that will quickly allow you to access information on this particular individual. View attendance records, volunteer schedules, forms that have been filled out for this person, etc.
This video will provide an overview of the profile and what the functionality of each section within the profile is:
Searches can be as simple or complex as you need them to be! Look for everyone who is a member, or search for anyone in the database who is a family member of a member, with an email address and is in a specific group (tag), this too can be done!
- Select the "People" tab from the top left.
- On the left, click "Show More Filter Options."
- Select all of the criteria you would like to filter by. The results will show up on the right.
This is a video of what searches can look like:
Asterisk (*) = Searches for everyone who has any data in this field.
Exclamation Mark (!) = Searches for everyone who has no data in this field.
Asterisk(*) + Text = Treats the asterisk as a wildcard. For instance, you could search for all people with a last name starting with "Sm" by searching the last name field for "Sm*".
Conversely, you could search for all people with a last name ending with "son" by searching the last name field for "son".
Surrounding Double Quotes = searches text field for that exact value (e.g. searching "ball" will only return ball, not basketball or softball).
Use the "Other Section" and Search Type field to search the family of your results, parents of your results, or children of your results.
A great way for you to check on a status that is not yet assigned would be to check the unassigned checkbox to find who needs to be updated. This will show up as an option in the Profile Fields but is a Breeze option for searching, for fields like gender and status.
To sort your search results by zip code, you can export it to Excel and sort the results there.
Using the Action Panel
The Action Panel allows you to quickly take action with a group of people, whether it be to contact them directly, export specified information out to Excel, create mailing labels, and more! For more information on what each action allows you to do, check out this article on Using the Action Panel.
- Email People
- Send an email out to the people in your list.
- See Emailing a Person or Group for more information.
- Text People
- Send a text out to the people in your list
- See Texting People for more information.
- Exporting allows you to a number of different function.
- You can export to excel, a printed (or pdf) directory, create mailing labels (you can customize the size), make name tags, or customize a letter.
- See Exporting People for more details.
- Save this Search
- Save the search parameters you have used to easily use this search in the future! You can read more in Using Custom Saved Searches and
- Assign to Tags
- Bulk assign your list to one or multiple tags at once.
- Remove from Tags
- Bulk remove your list to one or multiple tags at once.
- Map People
- Generate a map of all people on your list.
- Update People
- You can update a list of people who need to have the same profile field all at once. For instance, if you just finished a membership class and you need to change the "status" from 'attender' to 'member' for those who attended you can do it in bulk all at once!
- See Updating Multiple People at Once for more information.
- Archive People
- This tool will allow you to archive people on your list.
- See more about archiving people here: Archiving a Person or Restoring Archived People
- Delete People
Perhaps you work with a certain group of people within the database, and when you navigate to "People" you would like to have just this group come up initially, you can do this setting the default filter.