🛑 Please read this before proceeding to the directions below!
- This information is for those using Brother printers. If you do not use Brother printers, please disregard this article.
- If you are using a Brother printer, but have not updated your iPhone/iPad to iOS/iPad OS 15+, do NOT follow the directions below.
If you use Breeze’s Check In App with iOS devices and print to a Brother printer when checking people in at your church, then you are likely aware of an issue affecting the Check In App after you updated to iOS 15.
While we have deployed a temporary fix for those experiencing these issues, it will require you to take certain actions. Read on to learn how to implement the fix, what the experience will be like, and how to learn more if you need additional help.
How to implement the fix for check-in with Brother Printers
- This temporary fix must first be enabled on your Breeze account.
- Please, fill out this form in order to have the fix enabled on your account. (You will receive a reply to your email address once it is enabled).
- In order to print labels, the following must be in place:
- You will need to use a computer (instead of your iPhone/iPad) with Chrome installed. Chrome will be the browser you’ll use when printing.
- Your computer will need to be on the same wifi network as the Brother printer.
- The first time you select to print a tag, adjust your settings accordingly. These settings should save and only need to be adjusted the first time you print:
- Select to print and choose your Brother printer from your available printer options listed
- Check that the printer paper size is set to "custom 62x100mm"
- In the print settings, select "fit to printable area"
What limitations to expect from the temporary fix for Brother Printers
Please know that this is not the final solution, but only a temporary fix to allow churches to print labels using their Brother printers. There are a few limitations and functionality changes you’ll want to keep in mind.
- The option to "prompt" to insert text onto the tag is currently not working.
- Printing additional name tags is not currently working (you can select to print more than one tag in the print dialog which would give you the needed tag).
- You will need to click "Print" on the print dialog for each label that is printed.
- The 2nd and 4th fields on the Family Tag are not printing.
How to get additional help
We recognize that this is not the ideal scenario. This temporary fix is a way to help remove some of the obstacles with printing your check in labels using your Brother printers as we work on the backend to correct the issue. At this time, we do not know exactly when a permanent solution will be in place.
We wholeheartedly apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause. We genuinely appreciate the hard work you do day in and out and are here to support you when you need us.
If you run into any troubles, please email our Senior Advocate Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.