We'd love to help your transition from Assist 2001 into Breeze go as smoothly as possible. If you get stuck along the way, have any questions, or would prefer to have us import your data (at no additional cost), don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.
Exporting Data from Assist 2001
- Within Assist 2001 navigate to File in the top bar and select Open.
- Then select Form.
- Select DATA ENTRY.
- Click the Utilities icon in the top right.
- Change separation to be by comma, not tab.
- Select the file for export (sorting by date can be helpful to see actively used files).
- People file is titled "Main."
- Giving file is titled "Giving."
- Specify which file to export data into.
Importing Data into Breeze
- Sign in to your Breeze Account.
- Click the More tab in the top right.
- Click Tasks from the dropdown.
- Click the category on the left that you'd like to import (e.g. People, Giving, Tags, etc).
- Download and open the template file.
- Remove the sample data and populate the template file by copy/pasting applicable columns from your Assist 2001 exported file(s). Be sure to keep the first row of the template file intact.
- Save file as a .CSV file type.
- When finished, use the same screen to upload your file to complete the import.
For more details on importing data into Breeze, see our documentation on importing.