We'd love to help your transition from CDM+ into Breeze go as smoothly as possible. If you get stuck along the way, have any questions, or would prefer to have us import your data (at no additional cost), don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.
Exporting Data from CDM+
- Within CDM+, navigate to Membership and select Export.
- Within the export window select Individual Export.
- Under Advanced Search, select Configure Advanced Search.
- Set the criteria as "Last name not equal to [blank]," to select all people that have a last name (which should be everyone).
- Click Add, and name the report "Breeze." Afterwhich, select the Breeze report.
- Click Modify, and select all desired fields. Include Giving Unit Code if importing giving data.
- Click Refresh Data (circular arrow icon).
- Set Export Format to Delimited (Text).
- Check the Include Header Row option.
- Set delimiter to Comma.
- Click Export.
- Within CDM+, navigate to Contributions and select Reports.
- Next, choose Export and set your desired date range.
- Set export format to: Delimited.
- Delimiter: Select Custom and use the pipe symbol (|).
- Create a new set of fields to export with Add called "Breeze" and select these fields:
- Giving Unit Salutation under Giving Unit (no individual first names for Contributions).
- Giving Unit Last Name under Giving Unit.
- Contribution Date under Contributions.
- Total Contribution Amount under Contribution.
- Description under Giving Fund.
- Payment Type under Contribution.
- Check Number under Contribution.
- Contribution Breakdown and Contribution Breakdown Amount under Contribution.
- Export the giving information.
Importing Data into Breeze
- Sign in to your Breeze Account.
- Click the More tab in the top right.
- Click Tasks from the dropdown.
- Click the category on the left that you'd like to import (e.g. People, Giving, Tags, etc).
- Download and open the template file.
- Remove the sample data and populate the template file by copy/pasting applicable columns from your CDM+ exported file(s). Be sure to keep the first row of the template file intact.
- Save file as a .csv file type.
- When finished, use the same screen to upload your file to complete the import.