We'd love to help your transition from CMS into Breeze go as smoothly as possible. If you get stuck along the way, have any questions, or would prefer to have us import your data (at no additional cost), don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.
Exporting Data from Church Management Solutions
- Within CMS Membership, click Process -> Merge/Export File -> New Report.
- Give the report a name (such as "Export for Breeze") and click OK.
- Change the File Type to Person.
- Select the Member/Participation button and pick the statuses of the people you'd like to bring over to Breeze. If unsure, leave this unchanged.
- Click the button Select Additional Fields.
- You can only select up to four fields. This means that many reports (on average, 26, if selecting all fields) will be needed to export out all data for people in CMS.
- Click the checkbox to include field-name in first row.
- Click Browse and select where you would like the file to be saved to.
- Be sure not to overwrite any already existing files.
- Click the Output File button on the right side of the screen.
- Repeat the above steps until all wanted fields have been export.
All contribution years other than the one being currently logged in CMS are archived on the computer. These archives are only accessible via an executable shortcut on the desktop. While the archives themselves are typically stored in C:\CMS, those folders need to be linked to an executable shortcut on the desktop.
- Within CMS Contributions navigate to Reports at the top and select Contribution Detail.
- From this new window click Print to Screen and check "Address and Phone Number."
- Select Print and then save as Excel 5.0 from the preview window.
Importing Data into Breeze
- Sign in to your Breeze Account.
- Click the More tab in the top right.
- Click Tasks from the dropdown.
- Click the category on the left that you'd like to import (e.g. People, Giving, Tags, etc).
- Download and open the template file.
- Remove the sample data and populate the template file by copy/pasting applicable columns from your CMS exported file(s). Be sure to keep the first row of the template file intact.
- Save file as a .CSV file type.
- When finished, use the same screen to upload your file to complete the import.