We'd love to help your transition from Flockbase into Breeze go as smoothly as possible. If you get stuck along the way, have any questions, or would prefer to have us import your data (at no additional cost), don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.
Exporting Data from Flockbase
Flockbase uses an Access database. For this export you will need Microsoft Access to export the data from it.
Exporting the Database:
- When you open Flockbase it will first open a window that show where the "Data Path" is. This is a path to the Access DB.
- Close Flockbase and navigate to the "Data Path" directory.
- Copy the database file (it will have a .MDB extension) to another location.
- You can now use Microsoft Access to open the copied .MDB file.
- If you decide to have us import the data, simply zip up the database. Do this by right clicking on the COPY of .MDB file and selecting Send To -> Compressed (Zipped) Folder.
Importing Data into Breeze
- Sign in to your Breeze Account.
- Click the More tab in the top right.
- Click Tasks from the dropdown.
- Click the category on the left that you'd like to import (e.g. People, Giving, Tags, etc).
- Download and open the template file.
- Remove the sample data and populate the template file by copy/pasting applicable columns from your Flockbase exported file(s). Be sure to keep the first row of the template file intact.
- Save file as a .CSV file type.
- When finished, use the same screen to upload your file to complete the import.
For more details on importing data into Breeze, see our documentation on importing.