We'd love to help your transition from The City into Breeze go as smoothly as possible. If you get stuck along the way, have any questions, or would prefer to have us import your data (at no additional cost), don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.
Exporting Data from The City
- Sign in to The City.
- Navigate to the Admin section (click the Gear Icon in the top next to "Help").
- Use the People Export option within the Admin section to export people in a CSV file.
- In the Admin section, expand the Financial menu.
- Click Reports.
- Select Data Export.
- Click Export Data.
- After a few minutes, click Refresh below the queue at the bottom of the page.
- When the report is ready, click ZIP to download a zip file of all your financial CSV spreadsheets.
Importing Data into Breeze
- Sign in to your Breeze Account.
- Click the More tab in the top right.
- Click Tasks from the dropdown.
- Click the category on the left that you'd like to import (e.g. People, Giving, Tags, etc).
- Download and open the template file.
- Remove the sample data and populate the template file by copy/pasting applicable columns from your The City exported file(s). Be sure to keep the first row of the template file intact.
- Save file as a .CSV file type.
- When finished, use the same screen to upload your file to complete the import.
For more details on importing data into Breeze, see our documentation on importing.