We'd love to help your transition from Shepherd's Staff into Breeze go as smoothly as possible. If you get stuck along the way, have any questions, or would prefer to have us import your data (at no additional cost), don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.
Exporting Data from Shepherd's Staff
- Find the location of the database file that Shepherd's Staff is based on:
- Log in to Shepherd's Staff.
- Navigate to Utilities in the top menu -> Settings
- Choose the Locations tab and find the "Current Locations" and "Current Database" fields.
- The "Current Database" value shows where the database is on your computer
- Default is: c:\ShepherdsStaff\STAFF.MDB
- Get out of Shepherd's Staff, navigate to the location of the database file, and create a COPY of the STAFF.MDB.
- The STAFF.MDB location is found in step 1c.
- If you decide to have us import the data, simply zip up the database. Do this by right clicking on the COPY of STAFF.MDB and selecting Send To -> Compressed (Zipped) Folder.
- Call it "breeze_export.zip" or something similar.
Importing Data into Breeze
- Sign in to your Breeze Account.
- Click the More tab in the top right.
- Click Tasks from the dropdown.
- Click the category on the left that you'd like to import (e.g. People, Giving, Tags, etc).
- Download and open the template file.
- Remove the sample data and populate the template file by copy/pasting applicable columns from your Shepherd's Staff exported file(s). Be sure to keep the first row of the template file intact.
- Save file as a .CSV file type.
- When finished, use the same screen to upload your file to complete the import.