QuickBooks (http://quickbooks.intuit.com) is a leader in the market of accounting software. Breeze intentionally limits its financial scope to tracking contributions. We don't attempt to be a full accounting program with accounts payable and accounts receivable because frankly, we think QuickBooks is doing a great job with this. We'd rather let QuickBooks do what they do well and allow us to focus on what we do well, that being church management software.
Given this philosophy, we want to give you the power of QuickBooks should you choose to use it along with Breeze. While Breeze can run most reports that churches are typically interested in, if you'd like to combine your contribution data with QuickBooks, this extension allows you to download your Breeze contribution data whenever you'd like and import it into the desktop version of QuickBooks so that your QuickBooks records can include giving records from Breeze without the need to double-enter them.
Note that this brings over each individual contribution into Quickbooks and does not contain what fund the contributions go towards. If you're interested in just bringing over fund totals, we recommend using the contribution search which includes a funds summary that can quickly be manually typed into Quickbooks rather than adding complexity with an unneeded integration.
To import your most recent contributions into Quickbooks:
- Navigate to "More > Extensions > Quickbooks."
- Download the Quickbooks File (the Quickbooks file is a .IFF file)
- Import the file into your desktop version of Quickbooks by:
- Opening your desktop version of QuickBooks. If you have multiple licenses, ensure you are in single user mode.
- Back up your current copy of QuickBooks. (QuickBooks has no way of undoing an import, so this is a good practice whenever importing data.)
- Navigate to "File < Utilities < Import < IIF File..."
- Select your IIF File (the Breeze file that was generated from the Quickbooks extension).
- The import will take place and you will get a confirmation that the import is complete.