Overview: Notifications will alert you via email once per week or once per month of birthdays, follow ups, new people, attendance, giving, and anniversaries.
To set up notifications:
- In the top right of the screen, click your user account icon ().
- Click "Notifications" in the dropdown menu
- Select which notifications you would like to receive and what day of the week you would like to receive the notifications
- Click "Update"
What Permissions Do I Need to Enable Notifications?
To enable a Breeze notification, you have to also have the corresponding permission in Users and Roles. This chart below explains which permissions you will need:
|Birthday||A list of birthdays for the following month. This list will exclude archived people and people the user does not have permission to view.1||People > View > Age|
|Follow Ups||Follow Ups from the past week that have been assigned, have been completed, or are past due.||Follow Ups > View Assigned to Others|
|New People||A list of new people added to the database over the past week. This list will exclude archived people and people the user does not have permission to view.1||Account Settings > [Any Option]|
|Attendance||An overview of attendance for events in the preceding week.||Events > Check In Reports|
|Giving||An overview of giving for the past week.||Contributions > Reports > View Reports|
|Anniversary||A list of anniversaries for the following month (note that this option will only display if you have a "date" profile field containing either "anniversary", "wedding", "marriage", or "married". This list will exclude archived people and people the user does not have permission to view.1||People > View > [Anniversary Field]|
After turning on notifications you will receive a pre-formatted email from Breeze on the day(s) of your choosing updating you of all of the information over the past week.
Birthdays and Anniversaries will give you a list of the following month's birthdays/anniversaries.
Anniversary notifications only appear in the list if a date field has been added with specific labels/name field in Profile Fields. You simply can create a profile field date using the steps from this article: Customizing Profile Fields and create a date field and label it Anniversary Date. (As the word "anniversary," "marriage," "wedding," or "married" is used - this seems to trigger the Notifications.)
1Only the data/people to which the user has access will be sent in a notification. If the user only has access to a tag of High School Kids, those are the only birthdates that will send.
- You can only have one “Anniversary” notification per user (so if you want them all, you need multiple Users) Some examples of these could include a Background Check Anniversary or Baptism Anniversary notification. These notifications only appear in the list if a date profile field has been added with the word anniversary in the label.
- The Giving notification is a rolling 7 day time period. It adjusts with the date that you choose and goes backwards. If you chose a delivery date of Monday (let's use the 12th as an example) the notification should include gifts from the previous Monday - Sunday the (5th-11th). It stops at Sunday (the 11th) at midnight in order to be able to queue up the giving notification email that's sent out at 8 am the next morning.
The email address used is the email attached to your user account (not necessarily your profile), to update your email address click the person icon in the top right corner (the same one used for notifications) and choose "User Settings" from the dropdown menu.