Learn how to address common behaviors when printing giving statements for your church in Breeze. Discover how to remove headers and footers, print statements for individuals without email addresses, adjust statement margins, and generate mailing labels for printed statements seamlessly. Follow these simple steps to optimize your printing process and ensure accurate and professional-looking statements for your congregation.
When printing giving statements for your church, you may run into a few quirks with formatting and wonder, why is this happening? Click on the options below to see how to address different things related to printed statements:
- This is a browser setting, so you'll need to uncheck this setting in your browser before printing.
- We recommend using Chrome, and the video above shows how to quickly remove the header and footer content when printing in Chrome.
If you'd like only to print end-of-year statements for people who do not have email addresses, you can do this. This is ideal if you'd like to email people their statements but still want to send physical statements by mail to those you cannot email. To do so:
- Navigate to "Giving > Statements"
- Click "Print"
- On the "Print For" dropdown, select the option "Donors without Email Addresses"
- Click "Print Statements"
- If all the giving transactions have been credited to Fred Flintstone throughout the year, and Fred has an email on his profile, Fred will get an emailed statement. Wilma will not receive an emailed statement to her email address; however, her name will be included on the statement if the Statement was grouped by family. A statement will not print for this family if using "print for those without email addresses."
- If all the giving transactions have been credited to Fred Flintstone, and he does not have an email on his profile within Breeze, but Wilma (his spouse) does have an email on her profile (but no giving records in her name), neither spouse will get a statement emailed to them, and they will generate a printed statement. If you would like the Flintstone family to receive an emailed statement, you would need to include an email address for Fred on his profile, as all of the giving is recorded under his name.
If some donations are credited to Fred and others are credited to Wilma, and they both have emails on their profile within Breeze, then they will be emailed a statement. (If you select to group by family, the statement will include both of their names/giving combined on the statement). A statement will not print for this family if using "print for those without email addresses."
- If some donations are credited to Fred and others are credited to Wilma, and Fred has an email on his profile but Wilma does not, then Fred will get an emailed statement, and Wilma will trigger a printed statement for those without an email. While the actual statement would be identical, the one family member with an email is triggering the email statement option. Without an email, the other donor in the family is triggering with the print for donors without email addresses option.
- While different browsers have different interfaces for adjusting the margins, our most recommended browser is Chrome. The below video shows how to quickly adjust the margins in Chrome and instantly see how it will affect the formatting of your statement:
You can quickly print out mailing labels that correspond to the statements you've printed out from statements by:
- Navigating to "Giving> Statements"
- Click "Print"
- Click the dropdown arrow to the right of "Print Statements" and select "Print Mailing Labels"
If you are looking to print mailing labels for those you printed statements for generated from a specific giving report, you will:
- With your giving report loaded, Click the arrow beside "Download as Excel"
- Select Print Statement
- Click the drop down arrow beside "Print Statements" and select "Print Mailing Labels"