Getting a W-9 from Breeze

Looking for a W-9 US IRS form with which to provide Breeze an IRS Form 1099? This may help:

You are not required to provide Breeze a 1099.

The United States IRS (Internal Revenue Service) requires churches to fill out 1099-MISC for persons (and some organizations) who have been compensated $600 or more within a tax year. There are some exceptions.

Breeze is an LLC and we file as an S-Corp. Because of this status as a corporation, the IRS does not require us to file a W-9, and you will not have to send us a 1099-MISC.

IRS Lingo

"Exceptions. Some payments do not have to be reported on
Form 1099-MISC, although they may be taxable to the
recipient. Payments for which a Form 1099-MISC is not
required include all of the following.

Generally, payments to a corporation (including a limited
liability company (LLC) that is treated as a C or S


Looking for more?

We've provided a Signed Breeze W-9 showing S-Corp status for your records and peace of mind. 

Was this article helpful?
2 out of 4 found this helpful