The address, email, and phone fields allow you to mark a specific person's data as private. For example, Joe Smith might not want his mobile phone visible in the member directory and so he (or a church administrator) could mark the field as private.
Marking Data as Private
- Navigate to a person's profile.
- Click the gray header over the section containing an address, email, or phone number.
- Below the field select "Show More Options."
- Check the "Make Private Data" checkbox1 and save your changes.
1 If you don't see this checkbox, you most likely don't have the "People > Edit > Private Data" permission.
Viewing & Restricting Private Data
- Users who have the "People > View > Private Data" permission will be able to view private data.
- Users who do not have the "People > View > Private Data" permission will not be able to view private data.
- When administrative users are generating a printed directory, an option exists to hide private data from the printed directory.