Add Customized Profile Fields:
- Navigate to the "Account Settings" () on the top right
- Select "Profile Fields"
- Drag items from the left and drop within the section you desire
- Rename the field to the name you desire
- Click "Save Changes"
Edit Profile Fields
- Click the profile field you'd like to edit
- You can now change the profile field label (i.e. "Employer" to "Profession")
- Or, change the field options within a multiple choice, checkbox or dropdown profile (i.e. under "Status", change the option "No Longer Attends" to "Inactive"
Delete Profile Fields:
- Click the profile field you'd like to delete
- Click the "x" to delete the profile field entirely, or simply one selection from the multiple choice, checkbox or drop-down selections
Reorder Profile Fields
- Drag and drop profile fields, or complete sections, to fully customize how you view your people screens. View the information most important to you in the way you want to see it.
Types of Profile Fields
|New Section||Creates a new block where data can be stored and grouped together. (i.e. member information, contact information, important dates, emergency contact information).|
|Section Description||Provides a description to each section letting users know what data is being stored there, or if data is being stored in a certain way.|
|Text||Offers a placeholder for [text] that may not match other profiles. (i.e., second address, second cell phone / home phone number). Text limit for characters is 65,000 characters. Note:if adding a link, it will need to include the https:// portion of the URL to be clickable.|
|Multiple Choice||Gives users the option to select one option specific to the field. (i.e., campus location, worship service attended, membership status). Once an option is selected on someone's profile, there is not a way to un-select that profile field when on an individual's profile. Users need to do a People Search, and then click the Update People option. They then need to select the (multiple choice) profile field they want to edit. They need to make sure no options are selected and then click Update.|
|Checkbox||Gives users the option to select multiple options specific to the field. (i.e. stewardship commitments, spiritual gifts).|
|Dropdown||Gives users the option to select one option specific to the field. (i.e., campus location, worship service attended, membership status).|
|Notes||Stores notes in specific sections. Notes can be up to 2,500 characters.|
|Date||Stores important dates that can then be searched. (i.e., baptisms, birthdays, confirmations, funerals).|
|File||Stores up to 8mb files. (i.e. certificates, background checks).|
Commonly Used Custom Profile Fields
Here is a list of commonly used fields that may be helpful to think through when creating new profile fields:
- Marriage Date
- Married At
- Married By
- Baptism Date
- Baptized By
- Profession of Faith Date
- Background Check Date
- Deceased Date
- Transfer In Date
- Reason Joined Church
- Transfer Out Date
- Reason Left Church
- Membership Date
- Spiritual Gifts
- Skills (e.g. electrical, plumbing, etc)
- Title (e.g. Mr., Mrs., etc)
- Allergies (can be stored simply for reference or printed on check-in nametags)
- Secondary Address
- Eligible to serve in Children's Ministry
- Should Not Serve
- Membership Category
- Membership Stopped Date
- Membership Stopped Reason
- Membership Details
- Include in Church Directory (could also be handled by filtering by membership status)
Locked Profile Fields
When editing profile fields you will notice that some have a lock () icon next to them.
Locked fields are unable to be edited or deleted. This is because these are primary information fields that Breeze uses throughout the platform (such as mailing labels, directories, text messaging, emailing, etc).
You can move locked fields to a less visible section in your Profile Fields and/or Hide it from View from the Permissions of each Role.
You can also manually replicate the locked profile fields if you would like to customize them. If you do this, please note that they will not respond to the additional Breeze functions listed above.