Sharing Your Online Giving Page
When you enable online giving with Breeze, we'll provide you with a web address that you can link to and share with your church members, supporters, and community. This online giving page allows for a seamless donation experience, whether it's accessed from your church's website, shared via email or social media, or embedded directly on your website. Here's how you can share your online giving page:
- Navigate to "Giving" > "Online Giving."
- Click the "Share" button in the "Web Giving Box" in the center-left of the page.
- Sharing options:
- Giving Page Address - A link you can email to others or post on social media. Donors can click the link to give to your church.
- Link from Website - Code that your web developer can use to create a "Give" button directly on your church website.
- Embed in Website - Embed the giving form directly on your website for a seamless donation experience so the donor never has to leave your site. Note that we highly recommend installing an SSL certificate (https) on your site before using this option. You can use the simple version of the embed code, or, if you're looking for more custom options, see the advanced version. Information on that is below. Note: Log in option and page content are not available on the embed page.
- Sharing via QR Code - You can also share your online giving page using a QR code. Here are a couple of ways to generate and use a QR code for your online giving page:
Right-click on the online giving page in Google Chrome:
- Select "QR Code for this Page."
- Click "Download" to save the QR code image.
Use a QR code generator website:
- Visit a website like https://www.qr-code-generator.com/.
- Upload the URL of your online giving page.
- Customize the QR code as desired.
- Download the free QR code image for sharing.
Using a QR code, you can provide an easy and convenient way for donors to access your online giving page quickly, whether printed on materials or shared digitally.
Any additional code added, such as iframe, might cause the embedded giving page to change to the mobile view. This may cause the page to lose some intuitive design when viewing it from a desktop web browser. Functionality does remain the same.
Advanced vs Simple Options for Choosing to Embed by Website
The "Simple" code will read something like this:
<div id="breeze_giving_embed" data-subdomain="SUBDOMAIN"></div>
The "Advanced" code will be customizable and start with a look like this:
<div id="breeze_giving_embed" data-subdomain="SUBDOMAIN" data-width="100%" data-background_color="fffff" data-text_color="000" data-donate_button_background_color="777777" data-donate_button_text_color="ffffff" data-fund_id="" data-frequency="" data-amount=""></div>
When using the advanced code, here is what each section represents:
|data-subdomain||Your Breeze account's subdomain|
|data-width||The width of the giving section|
|data-background_color||The giving screen's background color|
|data-text_color||The giving screen's text color|
|data-donate_button_background_color||The donate button's background color|
|data-donate_button_text_color||The donate button's text color|
|data-fund_id||The fund ID can be viewed by navigating to "Giving" > "Funds", clicking on the desired fund, and looking at the ID in the URL. When this option is used, the selected fund becomes the only fund that can be given to from that giving page.|
|data-frequency||W = weekly
2W = every 2 weeks
M = monthly
Y = yearly
Additional Helpful Resources:
- Online Giving Overview and FAQs
- Customizing Your Online Giving Page
- Help Your Church use Online Giving through Breeze