Breeze Online Giving allows you the ability to accept credit card, debit card, and ACH bank transfer donations from anyone over the web or by text. Simply turn on online giving, and we'll create a giving page for you! You can link to it from your website, embed it within your site, send it to others by email, or share it on social media!
Donations that come in through Breeze online and text giving automatically show up within your Contributions section. We'll even help match the donation with the donor. Having everything in one system makes reconciliation easy too, allowing you the ability to see exactly what donations make up a given bank deposit. Help Your Church use Online Giving through Breeze and spread the word!
Of course, you probably have a few questions. Well, here are some answers and resources for the most common questions we typically hear people asking:
Questions About Getting Started
- You can get started with Breeze Online Giving by navigating to the Online Giving tab in your Contributions section.
- Take a look at this article for a step by step breakdown of how to complete the setup through our payment processor Stripe: Online Giving Setup.
- We love simple pricing and so there is no additional monthly fee for using online giving; rather you simply pay transaction fees (a small percentage of each donation) listed here.
- If you would like to allow your donors to cover processing fees for web giving, you can now enable this feature within the settings of your Breeze Giving page. This new feature not only introduces the idea of processing fees to your donor but also allows them to take action and help offset this cost for the church if they so choose. For more information check out our resource Understanding Donor-Covered Fees (Beta)
For a quick reference, the Online Giving fees are 2.9% + $0.30/transaction for Credit/Debit Card payments (Takes 2 Business Days to Process) or 1% + $0.25/transaction for ACH payments (Can take up to 7 Business Days to Process). Additional details are listed in the link above.
- There are two ways to give: Give by Website and Text to Give
- Giving through the "Give Now" in our free Breeze app.
- Based on the unique settings you select, donors can have the option to give by Credit/Debit Card and/or ACH Bank Transfer (Available only in the US).
- Breeze Online Giving accepts all major Credit Cards (Visa, MC, Discover, AMEX) in the United States.
Questions about Donor's Giving
- Yes! When you click the "Settings" button in the "Web Giving Box" in the center-left of the Online Giving Page, you'll see where you can check the boxes of funds you would like to make available for where people can donate to.
- Additionally, you can change the default fund to the fund of your choice as well. For more information visit: Customizing Your Online Giving Page
- Breeze does not have a maximum donation limit, however, your personal bank may have a cap.
- Recurring gifts can be modified by an administrator or a giver with a user login to your Breeze account. View this article to learn how to View and Modify Recurring Donations
- If you have rolled Breeze out to givers they can manage their own recurring giving. This article Recurring Giving For Donors walks through how a giver can manage their own giving.
- Yes! If you're a US-based church and would like to allow your donors to cover the processing fees for web giving, you can now turn on this feature in the settings of your Breeze Online Giving Page. This new feature not only introduces the idea of processing fees to your donor but also allows them to take action and help offset this cost for the church.
- You can read more about Donor-Covered Fees in this article.
Questions about Failed Donations
Select the gift type below to see specific details about that type of failed gift:
- The giver and the primary user will both receive notification emails each time a recurring payment retries/fails.
Questions about Transferring the Money to your Bank Account
- Once a payment has reached Breeze's Online Giving, then automatic transfers occur once per week on a day of your choosing.
- Donations can take 2 business days to clear and reach Breeze's Online Giving for Credit/Debit Payments and 6 to 7 business days for ACH Payments to clear.
- For additional assistance with timing, please view our article on Transferring Online Giving to the Church.
- From the Online Giving page, click the "Transfers" tab in the bottom of the screen. From there you'll be able to filter and see a breakdown of each transfer, the overall Gross, Fees, and Net amounts.
- You can click on any of the descriptions to see a further breakdown of each transfer. To see more, visit Reconciling Online Giving