Multiple Email Addresses on Breeze Profiles:
Sometimes our churches want to store more than one email address on a profile and this can be done very simply through Breeze! All you have to do is edit the Contact section on a profile, add the second email right next to the first, separated by a comma.
Note: If there are two email addresses attached to John Doe's profile and I go to email him from the People section or Tag (or any other group aspect), it will automatically include both email addresses. This means he will receive the email at both addresses on file. In order to send an email to a specific address on file, the church will need to select the individual address from John's profile.
Note: Having multiple emails on one profile will interfere with online giving auto-associations and form entry auto-associations. Since Breeze will check what was entered in the "Email" field against the entire email field in the profile, entering just one email into the online giving page or into a form will result in it not automagically associating for a person with multiple emails separated by commas.
Shared Email Addresses:
If individuals are sharing an email address on their Breeze profiles (husband and wife with shared email, for example), and you send out a bulk email, it will only send one email to that address.
If you use the Mail Merge of First Name, it will mail merge in the first alphabetical name that appears with that email address.
So even if I email both Fred and Wilma, and they have a shared address, it will only send them one email. If using the First Name mail merge option and either have the same family designation or no designation, it will address the one received email to the individual whose first name appears later in the alphabet. It is alphabetical -- but backwards.
These emails also include the name assigned to the User as well, so if you want your email to appear as coming from your ministry, consider updating the User name with the name of your ministry as well.
Formatting Best Practice:
- For images within your mailing's content the recommended .html sizing is often 480 x 480 pixels or smaller. Note: If a photo is too large it will cause the email to fail without a deliverability report.
- Total email attachment size limit is 20mb. Note: If it’s one attachment too large, it’ll provide an error. If it’s multiple attachments under the amount, but the total is over the amount it’ll simply fail to send and will not provide a deliverability report.
- Font used in emails is Verdana
- There are few reasons why an email would say pending:
- There's no email under the Profile.
- There's an attachment that's too large in it that's causing it to "break".
- It's a Contribution Statement that is legitimately stuck and we'll need to send that out for them.
- The email address under the profile is incorrect. (Space in the email address, wrong domain, etc.
- If there is a shared email address within a family, it will default send to the "Head of Household" if listed. If the family roles are equal in any way (spouse, spouse or unassigned, unassigned) it won't take alphabetical precedence, it actually goes off of which account was created first in Breeze!
- There is no text limit for characters when sending an email from Breeze.
When inserting links that are file-specific, you'll want to make sure to have that http:// or https:// at the beginning of your link. Without having that, Breeze will treat your URL as an internal link, causing the link to break.
Note: If a group email is not sending, check to make sure all email addresses are correct. One incorrect email address could cause all emails to fail.
Why you shouldn't copy and paste into emails
The Email and Statement Compose windows don't handle copying/pasting from other email platforms, or Word, as the formatting isn't supported by the underlying library (ie. TinyMCE). To keep the source formatting, one option you may want to try is to use COMMAND+SHIFT+V (on Mac) or CTRL+SHIFT+V (on Windows) to paste as this causes the pasted content to exclude any formatting (effectively "pasting as text").
Example: Pasting with a particular font into a compose window in Breeze will keep the source formatting rather than the destination formatting. Following the above steps will keep that from happening.
Another option is to copy the email content and paste into the free Notepad app. Then immediately copy and paste it from Notepad into Breeze. Notepad cleans all the formatting away including the hidden double spacing.
Note: Multiple emails inside of the user can cause emails sent from said user to remain in pending status.