Using the Search Bar
The Search bar at the top left of Breeze can search for the following three items:
- When searching, the maximum amount of items that will populate is 8.
- If searching for someone with the last name Smith, for example, it will pull up the first 8 people alphabetically by first name. If the person you are looking for does not come up, try narrowing your search even further.
- When searching for a specific Event, the Quick search will only look 15 days into the future.
- If you are searching on the 1st of May for an event that is on May 20th, the event will not populate in the search results. This is more than 15 days into the future.
- When searching for a specific event, the Quick search will also search 7 days into the past.
Searching in the People Section
When going to People>Advanced Search>Any Option Under Search Type, the logic changes slightly for how people are grouped together.
When searching by Parents, for example, families are grouped together. This will not sort in full alphabetical list, but will group families together that have different last names. It will group based on family role and then first name alphabetical.
For example, John Doe and Betty Smith are part of the same family.
- If John Doe is set as Head of Household and Betty Smith is set as Spouse, their grouping in the People section, when searching by Parent/Family/etc., will be in D for Doe.
- If John Doe and Betty Smith have the same family role, however, their grouping in the People section, when searching by Parent/Family/etc., will be in S, as Betty's first name comes first in the alphabet.
Note: The Search Type logic will group together family units by last name (using the logic of family role and then first name alphabetical).