Setting Up Your Automated Birthday Emails
- Go to the Account Settings () > Automations
- Click "+ Add Task"
- Select "Birthday Email"
- Select the "Send To" options by choosing either everyone in your database or a selection of tags
- Choose who the message should send from (any user in the system is eligible to be the sender regardless of permissions)
- Make your subject line (default is "Happy Birthday!")
- Change the content to what you'd like it to read
- Click "Add Task"
The task will run each morning at 9am (local time), emailing each person who has a birthday that day.
After a birthday email is sent out, if it cannot be located in the primary inbox, it is possible that the email is in a spam folder or another mailbox folder in your email.
Additional Options for Sending Out Emails
You can set up multiple birthday emails if you would like specific emails to come from certain people.
For instance, if your Men's Ministry Director wants to send a birthday email to all the Men, a Birthday Email Task can be set up to come from him.
If a person falls under the tags of multiple birthday email tasks, they will receive an email from each one. For instance, if you have one set up to go to all members on their birthday and one set up to go to all men, and John Smith is listed in a "member" tag and a "men's ministry" tag, then he will receive an email from both.