Notes allow you to keep important information on your members, right on their profile. These notes are automatically dated and can be marked as private if desired. While they can't be searched or reported on, it can be helpful to see information on a persons profile from time to time.
Common Uses of Notes
Notes can have several purposes, but some of the primary reasons church's use notes is to write information specific to the individual, that doesn't necessary require a profile field.
- If a pastor has made a care call or visit, he can write notes in this area.
- If a couple has a baby and needs a meal service set up, notes can be made about when and what they need.
- Information on whether or not a person has passed a background check and the date they passed can be stored here.
- Navigate to a person's profile
- Click "Notes" on the left side menu
- Click "Add Note"
- Write the content of the note and choose whether or not you'd like to mark the note as private
Role Permissions needed for Notes (People > Notes > View and/or Edit)
Marking a Note as Private
If you would like to make a note private so that only you can view the note, check the "Mark as Private" box. This will prevent anyone who has permissions to view notes to have access to that particular note, it can and will export out if notes are exported though.
Exporting Notes to Excel
- Navigate to the Account Settings () on the top right
- Choose Manage Account
- Select View More (on the left)
- Choose Export
- Select the type of data you'd like to export from the drop-down (Notes)
- Click Export
Role Permissions needed for Exporting Notes (Manage Account > Export)