View the location of your people for better planning and insight using information from Breeze with Google My Maps. Simply decide who you would like to map, and export from Breeze and import into Google's My Maps feature. It's pretty simple! Follow the instructions below to do this.
- Pull up the list of people you'd like to export (by running an advanced search, searching by tag, or another method)
- On the right, click "Export" in the action panel
- Select the format of "Excel" from the dropdown list
- Click the pencil in the bottom left to customize and include "Contact Information." Check "Group by Family" if you want one pin in the Google Map per family
- Next, click "Download"
Uploading to Google My Maps
In order to use Google’s “My Maps” you would need a Google/Gmail account. If you do not already have a Google account, you can create one here.
- Log into Google’s “My Maps”
- Choose "Create a New Map" and give it a title and description
- Import the Excel spreadsheet you exported from Breeze into Google My Maps
- Select the columns of "Street Address, City, State, Zip Code" to position your place-markers and hit Continue
- Decide what name should appear on each pin in the map. Select "First Name, Family Name, or Last Name" to indicate which name you would like displayed, and click Finish
- View the location points plotted on the map
You can learn more about styling and editing your map in the article Visualize your data on a custom map using Google My Maps.