Users are able to create forms to accept payments. By default, forms use Breeze's built-in payments platform which requires no setup beforehand.1 To accept payments:
- Navigate to "More > Forms."
- Click to "Create New Form."
- Select "Registration" as the type of form you want to create.
- Click the "Payment" field to modify the amount.1
- If you'd like to modify which fund the form payment should go into or which processor is used2, click "Go to Settings" in the bottom left and then "Show More Options."
- Make your changes and click "Update Form."
1The amount can be:
a. a numeric amount such as $10
b. a blank which will then prompt the user to enter an amount
c. 0 which will bypass the payment section altogether (helpful if including multiple payment options and one should be "Pay Later")
2 Payments through forms can be processed by Breeze, PayPal, or Stripe
Here is an example of the different payment options:
Here is what those payment options look like from the view of the form:
It is important to note that only the total amount should be entered into the about section. Any additional information outside of the payment amount could result in a "breaking" of the form payment. The way to know a payment option is broken is when the Form simply says "Submit" when a payment is selected. This is NOT correct. When a payment has been selected, you should see the button say "Submit & Pay xxxx". This is a clear indication that the payment button is working properly!
- Fund Settings - If your Form is being used for Payments (in exchange for goods or services), then these would be considered Non-Tax Deductible Contributions. If you haven't already, you will want to make sure that you have created a Non-Tax Deductible Fund to assign to your Form so that Breeze can report them accurately. (More > Contributions > Funds > Create New Fund) ** Make sure that the Checkbox is UNCHECKED. ** Breeze does not include Non-Tax Deductible payments on Contribution Statements by Default, however, you could customize your Statement to include that information if desired.
- Add the Transaction Fees to your Total Price - Of course, every Online Transaction has Fees attached to it. Forms can only accept Credit/Debit Cards which have a Fee of 2.9% + .30 per Transaction. The suggestion would be to add this fee to your Total so that you receive the Full amount of your Payment. You can use the Payment Title or a Section Description to alert the customer that their Payment includes the Transaction Fee.
- Note: Online giving needs to be enabled first. If you have not enabled online giving and completed verification you may receive the following error message: