In short, Breeze Online Giving allows you to accept credit card, debit card, and ACH bank transfer donations from anyone over the web or by text. Simply turn on online giving, and we'll create a giving page for you! You can link to it from your website, embed it within your site, send it to others by email, or share it on social media!
Donations that come in through Breeze online and text giving automatically show up within your Contributions section. We'll even match the donation with the donor. Having everything in one system makes reconciliation easy too, allowing you the ability to see exactly what donations make up a given bank deposit. Help Your Church use Online Giving through Breeze and spread the word!
Of course, you probably have a few questions. Well, here are some answers and resources for the most common questions we typically hear people asking:
Questions About Getting Started
How do I begin?
- You can get started with Breeze Online Giving by navigating to the Online Giving tab in your Contributions section.
- Take a look at this article for a step by step breakdown of how to complete the setup through our payment processor Stripe: Online Giving Setup.
If I already have a Stripe account, can I connect it through Breeze's Online Giving?
- While you cannot connect directly from your Stripe Account to the Breeze Online Giving section, you can connect your Stripe account to our Third-Party Online Giving page in Breeze! This will record the information of the gift in Breeze, but all deposit information, handling refunds, and reconciliation would be found in your personal Stripe dashboard.
- For more information on this topic, be sure to check out the following Help Center article:
Online Giving Options Outside of Breeze
Do we have to pay extra for Online Giving?
- We love simple pricing and so there are no additional monthly fee for using online giving; rather you simply pay transaction fees (a small percentage of each donation) listed here.
- If you would like to allow your donors to cover processing fees for web giving, you can now enable this feature within the settings of your Breeze Giving page. This new feature not only introduces the idea of processing fees to your donor, but also allows them to take action and help offset this cost for the church if they so choose. For more information check out our resource Understanding Donor-Covered Fees (Beta)
For a quick reference, the Online Giving fees are 2.9% + $0.30/transaction for Credit/Debit Card payments or 1% + $0.25/transaction for ACH payments. Additional details are listed in the link above.
What methods can our donors use to give?
- There are two ways to give: Give by Website and Text to Give
- Giving through our free Breeze app also routes to the "Give by Website" option as well!
- Based on the unique settings you select, donors can have the option to give by Credit/Debit Card and/or ACH Bank Transfer (Available only in the US).
What credit cards are accepted?
- Breeze Online Giving accepts all major Credit Cards (Visa, MC, Discover, AMEX) in the United States.
Questions about Donor's Giving
Can we pick and choose which funds they can donate to via Online Giving?
- Yes! When you click the "Settings" button in the "Web Giving Box" in the center-left of the Online Giving Page, you'll see where you can check the boxes of funds you would like to make available for where people can donate to.
- Additionally, you can change the default fund to the fund of your choice as well. For more information visit: Customizing Your Online Giving Page
Is there a maximum amount that can be donated online?
- Breeze does not have a maximum donation limit, however your personal bank may have a cap.
How do we change a recurring gift?
- Recurring gifts can be modified by an administrator or a giver with a user login to your Breeze account.
- View this article to learn how to view and modify recurring contributions: View and Modify Recurring Donations
Questions about Failed Donations
If an Online Gift doesn't go through, will it retry?
- CREDIT/DEBIT- Through our payment processor, we use Smart Retries to process card gifts. Smart Retries is a tool that calculates when a card is most likely to successfully process instead of retrying it on a set schedule. Using this method, a card will be charged up to 4 times in a 28-day period, after which the recurring gift will be canceled.
- ACH- If the first attempt fails, then your church is charged a $1 "returned check fee" and the recurring gift is cancelled. An attempt will not be made again.
Will I be notified if an Online Gift fails?
- The giver and the primary user will both receive notification emails each time a recurring payment retries/fails.
Questions about Transferring the Money to your Bank Account
When will the donations reach my church's bank account?
- Once a payment has reached Breeze's Online Giving, then automatic transfers occur once per week on a day of your choosing.
- Donations can take 2 business days to clear and reach Breeze's Online Giving for Credit/Debit Payments and 6 to 7 business days for ACH Payments to clear.
- For additional assistance with timing, please view our article on Transferring Online Giving to the Church.
How can I see a breakdown of Online Giving, including Gross, Fees, and Net amounts?
- From the Online Giving page, click the "Transfers" tab in the bottom of the screen. From there you'll be able to filter and see a breakdown of each transfer, the overall Gross, Fees, and Net amounts.
- You can click on any of the descriptions to see a further breakdown of each transfer. To see more, visit Reconciling Online Giving