We have options to print check in name tags from Mac/Windows Computers, from Apple iOS devices such as iPads or iPhones or Androids . You can set also up any combination of printers and devices by setting up print stations.
Supported Printers by Checkin DevicePlease note that the Brother Printer will only print from Apple Products.*Printer must be connected to a Laptop/Desktop (Mac/Windows) and Shared via Breeze Print Station (see below) with any mobile device(s) or other computers.Note: It is not best practice to have both a DYMO 450 AND a DYMO wireless on the same computer or else it seems both printers print out labels at the same time.
|LAPTOP/DESKTOP (MAC/WINDOWS)||iPAD/iPHONE (iOS)||ANY MOBILE DEVICE(S) + LAPTOP/DESKTOP*|
|DYMO Label 450 (Wired)||
Brother Printer (Wireless)
|DYMO Label 450 (Wired)*|
|DYMO Label 450 Turbo (Wired)||DYMO Label 450 Turbo (Wired)*|
|DYMO Label Wireless (Wireless)||DYMO LabelWriter (Wireless)*|
Printers: DYMO LabelWriter 450 (Purchase on Amazon), DYMO LabelWriter 450 Turbo (Purchase on Amazon), or DYMO LabelWriter Wireless Printer (Purchase on Amazon)
Labels: Our printers have been designed to work with DYMO LabelWriter Shipping Labels, White, 2-5/16" x 4" (Purchase on Amazon). You can use any compatible off-brand label, however please note that using a non-DYMO label may void the warranty on your printer.
Cleaning Cards: DYMO's cleaning cards safely and effectively remove contamination from printheads. It Improves print quality and extends the life of any Dymo LabelWriter. (Purchase on Amazon)
Printer: Brother QL-820NWB Professional, Ultra Flexible Label Printer (Purchase on Amazon)
Labels: Breeze supports the following labels for the Brother Ql-820NWB: DK-2205 Continuous Paper Label Roll, 2.4” x 100 Feet (Purchase on Amazon)
Printer Set Up
Our DYMO printer is our most common option as it allows for churches to use a single computer, multiple computers, or a combination of computers and tablets.
How Many Printers Can I Connect to my Computer?
- Wired Printers - We suggest that you connect 1 wired printer per computer. (We have heard success of up to 3 wired printers on the same computer.)
- Wireless Printers - With wireless, it can be as many as you want, provided you have print stations open for each.
- Install DYMO Label Software version 8.7.3 (Windows), 8.7.3 (Mac) or higher 1
(NOTE: Breeze is not compatible with Dymo's "Connect for Desktop" software offered on their website, use the link below for the Labelwriter Software)
Click here for Windows Dymo Labelwriter Software
Click here for Mac Dymo Labelwriter Software
- Connect the printer. Ensure the printer prints successfully from the software.
- With the printer connected, open Breeze in a browser.
- Create a new event and select the checkbox relating to printing name tags (see Event Settings for more details).
- Open the check in page for the event and check a person in. The first time you load the check in page the browser will ask for permission to access the DYMO Label Framework. Grant it permission (you won't need to do this again).
- The printer should print the name tag automatically when you check the person in.
2 Computer running Windows XP will not be able to install a compatible version of DYMO Label Software.
If you would like to exclusively use iPads or iPhones to check in, we have an option for that! All you'll need is an AirPrint Printer and our Breeze Check In App.
Setting Up Your Brother Printer
Before you begin, you'll need to set up your Brother Printer. Follow the directions found on this article to learn how to do that: Setting up the Brother QL-820NWB Printer
How To Use The Check In App:
You can download the Breeze Check In App on iOS devices here.
The first time you use the Breeze Check In app you'll be prompted to enter your subdomain.
Your subdomain is part of the URL that you use to log in. For instance, if you log in at cornerstone.breezechms.com, your subdomain is cornerstone. If you don't know your subdomain, please contact your church.
After entering in your correct subdomain, you'll be prompted to enter in your login information.
This will now bring you to an Events calendar within your Breeze account! From here, you're able to view the current events or select a different date from the calendar. After selecting the desired date, you are presented with all the events for that day.
Select the event for which you'd like to track attendance and you'll be brought into the Check In screen. From here, you can select the Gear Icon to change the Mode, Add Headcount, Add Filters, etc.
From this page, you are now free to begin checking people in! After selecting to check someone in, a popup will appear asking which Brother Printer you would like to use. This popup will only appear once per check-in session.
From this popup you will select your desired, AirPrint-supported printer and your name tags will immediately begin printing!
If you would like to have multiple computers, or a computer and tablet/mobile devices set up to a DYMO printer, we have options for that with our Print Station Feature.
Breeze allows you to print to a computer-connected printer from any device that has a web browser. This includes iPhones, iPads, Android tablets, Android phones, Kindles, Nooks, laptops, desktops, and more.
Note: Before following the directions found here, you'll have to set up your DYMO Printer. Please see the section above on DYMO Printer Set Up before going forward.
- On the computer directly connected to the DYMO printer, navigate to the "Events" page and then click the gear icon next to "Add Event" at the top of the page and choose "Print Station" from the dropdown menu1
- On your mobile device, load the check in page for the event.2
- When the check in page loads, you should be automatically presented with a list containing any available print stations to print to.3
Note: While this method is compatible with the Breeze Check In App, keep in mind that the Check In App is only compatible with iOS devices. Use the Breeze app or an internet browser with this method if you have a non-iOS device.
2 Ensure the event's settings are set to print out a name tag.
3 If the list does not automatically appear, click the gear icon on the top of the check in page and select "Printers".